What we need for preparing Chakode:
- Rice Flour- 4 Cups
- Yellow Moong Dal- 4 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds- 2 teaspoon
- Water- 4 Cups
- Red Chilli Powder- 2 teaspoon
- White Sesame Seeds- 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Ghee- 2 teaspoon
- Salt- to taste
- Oil- for deep frying
Let’s prepare here:
- Soak the yellow moong dal in water for half an hour.
- Boil water in bowl. Put the moong dal, ghee and salt.
- Add the rice flour and quickly combine it well. Turn off the flame and cover with a lid and keep aside.
- Next we have to add sesame seeds, cumin seeds and red chilli powder. Adjust salt if required and make a smooth dough.
- Apply oil in your hand and pinch a small piece of dough and make 4 inch length rope by rolling it.
- Make a ring by sealing the end of both the rope. Make sure to press it properly as it tends to
- break while frying.Prepare the same steps for making rings with remaining dough.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom frying pan. When the oil is hot, add the rings one by one.
cook the rings till they changed into golden brown colour.
Finally Chekodis are ready and enjoy the taste.Please leave your feedback for better serve.
How To Prepare Chekodelu