What we need for Matar Mushroom:
- Mushrooms – 250 gms
- Green peas – 3/4 cup
- Onion – 1, finely chopped
- Ginger-green chili paste
- Tomato – 1
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
- Kasuri methi – 1 tsp, crushed
- Garam masala powder – 1 spoon
- Cashewnuts – 8, soak in 1/4 cup milk for 15 mts and grind to a paste
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves for garnish
- Fresh cream – 2 tbsps OR malai
- Oil – 2 tbps+1 tbsp ghee (or butter)
Let’s prepare here:
- Heat ghee or butter in a cooking vessel. When the ghee is heated, add the sliced mushrooms and saute for 2 mts. Set aside.
- In the same vessel, add the oil and add the chopped onions and saute for 4 mts.
- Add the crushed ginger-green chili paste and saute for 2 mts on low-medium flame.
- No we have to add turmeric powder, red chili powder and mix well. Add tomato puree and cook on low-medium flame for 8 mts or till oil separates.
- Add the green peas, a cup of water and salt and bring to a boil. Place lid and simmer for 5 mts.
- Add the sauteed mushrooms and simmer for 10 mts or till mushrooms are cooked and the desired curry consistency is achieved.
- Add kasuri methi, ground garam masala powder and cashew nut paste and mix well. Adjust salt, if required. Finally, add the fresh cream and mix and simmer for a mt and turn off the flame.
- Remove to a serving bowl, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with chapati, naan or pulao.